Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Neff microwave H56W20N0GB/05. When i turn on the power

Customer Question

I have a Neff microwave H56W20N0GB/05. When i turn on the power at the socket the microwave makes a humming sound and heats up internally as if it is cooking although no settings have been selected. On opening the door this stops. It is still possible to use when selecting settings but one finished power to the appliance must be turned off.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi are you saying that the microwave starts to run as soon as you apply power with out actually setting any cycle?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that's correct

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
This is VERY VERY DANGEROUS!!!!!
Please do not use the unit until the door safety interlock is replaced, its easy to do and requires only a few basic tools, I will help you with this repair. When these fail the unit can start at any time.
The interlock is set of switches you can almost see when the door is open its where the door catches engage, also make sure that both catches on the door are in good shape as that can cause this as well. I think its a terrible design but thats how they work.
The best place for this door safety interlock is Espares, I have listed their info below for your convenience.
I will stick with you until this is fixed so I can help you all the way through at no additional cost ;-) But
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX here is the information you need on how to contact Espares:Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What spare parts do i need to ask for when contacting Espares

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for the rating,
tell them you need the door interlock as a complete assembly with the micro-switches included and set in position.
I will help you with the installation.
Let me know when you have this part, and don't remove any wires until you talk with me.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael