Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, I have a rangemaster, which was in the house that I have

Hi, I have a rangemaster, which was in the house that I have just purchased. The small oven with the shelf that is attached to the door will light, but will not get hot, even if I turn it to no.9, it just stays with a little flame. Please can you advise.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the full model #?
And to be sure its the oven that wont fire fully?

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry I don't know modem number until I go back to the house at the weekend. If you are unable to help please refund my £22
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carol, your money is on act not gone. I am only a Tech and receive nothing until I help you correctly. I need the model # XXXXX I know what oven we are talking about. I can easily help you with this, but these are technical issues and require us to know what we are working on .
Let me ask you this, when you get the tiny flame, is only at the end of the burner but the actual burner never lights?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael - The cooker is a rangemaster Classic 110. It is the small oven under the grill. I have a flame and it goes across the burner as if it is going to go higher, but does not.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carol, this is a failure in the control valve. This could be just that the appliance is in need of a professional cleaning and adjustment. And that is the most likely cause for this problem so its really not an expensive repair ;-)
This is something that is best handled by a gas appliance repair technician. Any local tech can do this for you and it wont take much time.
I will stick with you in case you need me further but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Carol.
Tech Michael