Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a hotpoint washing machine model number WML940P which

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint washing machine model number WML940P which fills with a small amount of water, doesn't spin all the lights on the front kept flashing doesn't turn off unless doing so by the plug and blew the fuse when last put on is this an easy thing to sort it or will it cost a lot?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, how old is your washer?
Also please explain the fuse blowing issue better, did it only do this once?
And how much water enters the machine and dose it seem the same each time?
thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I purchased the machine 30/10/2010. My husband tried putting the machine on again and left it for half hour to see what it was doing and when he looked at it again all the electric had gone from the machine I assuming it blew the plug fuse. Yes it only blew the fuse once. It fills a small amount u can just about see it in the bottle when looking through the door

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Annie,
So there is no motor operation when it blows?
Also if you try to different cycles can you get the drum to spin, I have a good idea of whats wrong, but I need you run the machine with nothing inside and watch it to let me know exactly when it fails I will stick with you until we have this figured out but
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Annie.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The drum doesn't seem to spin I've even tried it on the spin cycle but nothing happens. Ok I will try putting the machine on empty. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

machine fills with water for about 10 seconds and then stops then makes a bit of a noise then stops then it just flashes the pause light if you press again it dies exactly the same then if u leave it it blows the fuse

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Annie, when it makes the noise is that a normal sound or is it different sound?
Thank you really for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a normL noise as it normally would make
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Annie, do you have the same trouble whether you use hot or cold water?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It only has a cold water feed
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Annie,
This could be one of many things, including a water short circuit.
This would be an easy diagnosis if the unit weren't blowing fuses lol.
But in this case I have to say the main control is bad. Because it isn't sensing the water then locks up and fails.
That part is pretty expensive, but if you would like info on where to price and get one, I will be happy to find that for you and help with the easy replacement.
I wish I had better news for you on this I really do.
I will be here when you decide.
thank you Annie.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It shouldn't cost anything for parts as it is under 5 year parts warranty but I understand that I will have to pay the labour for a Hotpoint engineer how much would that cost do you know
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I wouldn't know that because they all charge different rates, wish I could help there Annie.
But thats a great thing that they should cover this !
Please let me know how this all turns out.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you not work for Hotpoint ?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am an independent contractor and work for many manufacturers so I am aware of how the hotpoint among others work and how they are constructed, over 30 years experience there lol.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thats alright I was just under the impression you worked for them as I went to there website to sort it out and I was directed to you but thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your Welcome Annie:-)
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
f