Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a problem with my (almost new) Neff dishwasher. The

Customer Question

I have a problem with my (almost new) Neff dishwasher. The lid for the power (I'm using tablets does not open. Any tips?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

You say it doesn't open with tablets, how about with powder?

Gary :

I'm going to convert this to Q&A and it will give us more time to work with your problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Could you please provide me with the model and serial number?

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model: Neff E-NR S51E50XGB/18

Only 4 months old.

have tried with power only. same result (not opening).

Also tried different programs. same result.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. In looking at your machine, it could be one of two things. 1) the control board to the release switch isn't connecting. 2) it just could be the release switch by its self. If your machine had been working prior to this, then I would look to the release switch. It what allows your soap dispensor to open when it is time. This "trap door" that holds in your soap (power or tablet) is also spring loaded. Meaning you have to "snap" it into place before using it. If you don't "snap" it close then the lid should fly open. If it isn't, then the release spring is broken.

Since your machine is only 4 months old I would contact the company/store and take advantage of the warantee. They should send out a service techinician free of charge to you and fix this problem. You can also contact Neff customer support since it is under warentee and they will work with you. http://customerservice.neff.co.uk/

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I wish you the best.

Gary