fixer2013
fixer2013, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  PAT Testing C&G Level 3 100/439/1
74591549

how to bring up bottom thread on vintage singer machine with

Customer Question

how to bring up bottom thread on vintage singer machine with bullet bobbin?
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Hello good evening, My name is Ivor I hope I can help you.

If you load the shuttle and leave a length of cotton from it.
place the shuttle back in the machine. Thread the needle from the top reel, Keeping hold of the cotton from the shuttle turn the driving wheel so that the needle goes down into the shuttle, This then should catch the bottom cotton, pull out the cottons and place under the small foot leaving spare. Then as you push the fabric through with the treddle or power on the needle and cottons will stich.

I hope that helps you

regards
Ivor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your suggestion but tried that with no result. Any further advice?

Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Sybil, Sorry for the late reply

Perhaps you could describe what is happening, if you leave the cover off of the shuttle housing, does the needle actually go down into the shuttle. when you turn the wheel slowly, If you hold the bottom cotton towards you, does it work then?

Ivor