Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Singer Magic 34 Sewing machine was inherited. The hand wheel

Customer Question

My Singer Magic 34 Sewing machine was inherited. The hand wheel and handwheel knob cannot be loosened so I can't wind a bobbin. The knob won't depress either so can't reverse stitch. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear about that.
How old is your machine?
Also will the wheel turn in either direction at all?
by hand?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The hand wheel itself turns but the inner knob is immoveable inside it, so won't turn to be loosened, so I can't wind a bobbin. Also the inner knob doesn't deptess so I can't reverse stitch. I think the machine is 30 to 40 yrs old.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning Lindy,
This will require professional service, it seems that the main bearing has seized up. So that art will need to be replaced.
Unfortunately its not something you can do, because it requires specialized tools to un press and re press the replacement bearing onto the shaft.
In this case due to the age of the machine, and I know its a good one, it is worth the service. Any local sewing machine repair shop can do this for you ;-)
I will stick with you in case you need me further but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Lindy and have a great day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael, that's really helpful. I will try to find a sewing machine repair shop near me. They are fewer and further between than they used to be! But at least I know now what the best course of action is.

Thanks again, Lindy

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I know these things are becoming harder to find lol.
Have a great day and please rate kindly!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You have a great day too. I went back (somehow: sorry just getting to understand how this site works) and rated you excellent. I don't want to do it again now because it says I'll have to pay twice. I'm sure you'll let me know if the payment hasn't registered at your end.

Lindy

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lindy no dont rate again!
It worked !
best to you!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
TY!