KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Whirlpool Commercial Heavy duty series 8 tumble dryer

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Commercial Heavy duty series 8 tumble dryer and it just stopped working, power is coming in to it but I don't know what is wrong. It is not used commercially
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

I have taken down a few numbers as I don't know which one is right,

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

3RLEQ8033RWO

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

MT2002357 TYPE EDOT-ELE-2305024-F46

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

Its about 3 years old and the shop where I bought it is gone out of business

KevinWhiteJA :

3RLEQ8033RWO this is the correct model number :)

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem is with the thermostat or the control board that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

can you test it for continuity

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

How in the name of God do you do that?

KevinWhiteJA :

with a multimeter

KevinWhiteJA :

as the power is still there

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem seems to be with the thermostat

KevinWhiteJA :

Whirlpool Thermal Fuse, part number 481925228095
Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

this is the part

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

That must be it as when I think back it wasn't drying the clothes as it should, I will try that this evening when my son comes home and will get back to you tomorrow and let you know how we get on, where is the thermostat situated?

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

If it is the thermostat would that stop the machine working as it wont start at all

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is right...the thermostat is located inside the back of the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

thanks for that, where is the best place to buy it, I am in Rep Ireland

KevinWhiteJA :

You can buy it from manufacturer http://www.whirlpool.co.uk/support_spare-parts_spare-parts.content.html

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

Ok, will get back to you and let you know how we get on and I will rate you then, thanks again

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure no problem...Have a good day

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

I have looked up the spare parts and none of them match the one you showed me

KevinWhiteJA :

The one that I showed you is available here

KevinWhiteJA :

and fits your model

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

how do we get in to the back of the machine?

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

cannot figure out how to get in to the part

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to pull the unit out

KevinWhiteJA :

and then take the top off the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

after that take the back off

KevinWhiteJA :

the thermostat is located inside there

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes...thanks

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

Sorry to annoy you again but the top is off and all screws are out of the back panel but it wont budge and he doesn't want to force it

KevinWhiteJA :

oh, you dont have to force it...just try to pull it so that it opens up

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

it seems to be welded in parts

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

it just wont budge

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

The back was spot welded and there is nothing in there to replace so this must be situated somewhere else?????????????

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

The unit is in the front of the machine

KevinWhiteJA :

Thank You for rating it as Poor Service....I was not around here so was not able to respond...if you are unable to take the back off the unit..then take the top off and remove the front off to gain access to the thermostat...let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- : The thermostat is behind the bottom front panel
KevinWhiteJA :

can you test it with a multimeter for continuity ?

JACUSTOMER-1i1ms2qg- :

You were right about the part that was gone but totally wrong about the position of it in the dryer

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, glad that it worked for you

KevinWhiteJA :

Thank You for rating it as Poor Service....If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks