Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a KA58NA40GB/08E fridge freezer and recently the strip

Customer Question

We have a KA58NA40GB/08E fridge freezer and recently the strip that vertically divides the freezer from the refrigerated section and on which the rubber seal of both fridge and freezer doors locate has become very, very hot. Am worried this may be a symptom of something more serious and damaging. Hope you can help. Graeme.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your fridge?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5 years
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Check to see if the condenser coils are extremely dirty by removing the lower grill in the front. Otherwise remove the rear/lower cover. There will be a fan back there. Check to see if it is running. Chances are it is not and will need to be replaced as long as there is voltage to the fan motor and nothing is blocking the fan from running. The fan cools the condenser and there is tubing running around the door area that you noticed is hot.
Please let me know.
thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Michael, located fan and it is not rotating. Is it meant to be on constantly or intermittently as needed? If the latter I can monitor it this evening. If I think it has broken how do I check it has voltage? Have removed motor from fan and can see it is a closed unit the black and red wires emanating from it clip into a socket (similar to a phone type socket) I guess it is at that location I need to use a voltage tester. Motor has a serial number - D4612AAA22- is this what I need to source a replacement and will it include the spindle mechanism or are they separate things?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

It should be running lol, that sounds like issue. if you have a multi meter or line voltage test light even you can check it that way.
I will stick with you until this fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will get a tester from electrician at work tomorrow. With the fan not working, is there anything bad that can happen between now and when I get replacement and is there anything we can do to keep it cool? The drinKing water feed stopped working a while ago while I've got your attention!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi well, really you shouldn't be running it, you could cause further damage but it will probably be ok for now. I have replaced many of these fans, so if you order one you could have by then ;-)
It is more than likely a bad fan motor.
Do you know when to get one?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi please try Espares let me know if they will ship the fan motor to you overnight?
Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks will get on it
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
:-)
Your welcome.