Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

T44T Schott Ceran induction hob 2 riings not working and

Customer Question

T44T Schott Ceran induction hob
2 riings not working and flashing "U" error codes
other 3 rings working
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your Hob?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

purchased and installed Feb 2013

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Roger, this should still be covered under the warranty but please let me know if its not. I believe they used to cover these for 2 full years, so in this case i would call Neff on this one.
I can help you if you need to replace the parts for sure.
But why do the work and go through the expense if they are responsible ;-)
In any case I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Roger.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There's a bit of a story with this hob

we had a new kitchen fitted by Homebase and during the install the fitter broke (literally smashed) the SMEG 90cm wide hob Homebase provided.

we couldn't get a replacement SMEG exstock so the fitter sourced us the NEFF . It didn't come in a box as we were told it was Shop display. It did appear new and unused and has been working great. I have been in touch with the fitter to get the receipt of purchase so we can chase a warranty repair.

However sods law has struck.....

family are coming to stay for the bank holiday...thehers a lot of cooking to be done.....my wife has sung the praises to all and sundry about our induction 90cm 5 ring hob and nowe its bust and she's putting me under strain to fix it as I'm an electrical engineer I ought to know!!!! how she thinks this I'm stumped.

anyhow if you could let me know what the fix is (new control unit of some description) then I'll be able to sort it hopefully before friday

thanks Michael

best regards

Roger

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael

when the unit is on and without the magnetic disc fitted, the 2 left hand displays show "I" then flash to "U" back to "I" the to "U" etc..when I fit the magnet disc the other 3 rings are "0" as normal.

your help is much valued

thanks

Roger

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rog,
the main control is what needs to be replaced, it is easily fitter no soldering required;-)
If you want to do this repair I will assist you no additional cost to you.
I would try Espares first for this part, the info is listed below, dont worry we will get you going.
But
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)

Thank you Rog!
Tech Michael
Please call Espares:
Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

what is bizarre is that yesterday evening my wife pressed the power on touch button and fault code disappeared and the hob worked perfectly.

I'm stumped!

also yesterday on your advice I called Espares and they needed the ERN number of the hob which I didn't have, so couldn't make any purchase.

Just as well now the hob appears to be working.

If you do find out what "UI" flashing fault code on a NEFF Induction hob means I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

email: [email protected]

many thanks

Roger

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rog it would be great if that stays working!
But I will check with Neff on that code.