Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a Bosch Pro-hygienic 1600 vacuum cleaner and I cant

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Pro-hygienic 1600 vacuum cleaner and I can't work out how to change the filters. I have the manual but it doesn't help much. I have rinsed the paper filter in the oblong grey holder in water as it was clogged with dust but it doesn't seem to have done it much good . Have I ruined it doing that? I have put it to dry in the sun. There is also a black cage that fits over this part . (Illustration 18 in the manual) and I am wondering if that should hold a textile filter that comes with the spare bags? There is none in it at the moment. The manual also shows the black plastic part (illustration 19) being lifted out for cleaning the motor filter but I can't get it out. Please can you help me... I am in Spain and the cleaner was brought out from the U K several years ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. As per your paper filter, yes it's ruined. The best way to clean then (if you had too) is to take them outside to the garbage can and carefully tap them on the side it they have a protective plastic casing around them. If its just paper only, then there is no cleaning, just replacing. The bag you need to replace is "Type K". Part # A8348

As for the other filter, you should be able to access it on the left side and there is a release clip you press against for it to open up. It's hinged soit should just rest on the floor when open. This is where the micro carbon filter is. These types of filters you can rinse and reuse with no problem.

Just so you know, Bosch olny sold this vacuum only in Singapore. To get the replacement bag, you might need to go to a vacuum repair shop/service center and they might have to cross numbers. These types of bags are used in several models, however they all have different model numbers. Anyone who works on them should know.

I wish you the best.

Gary