Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Maytag mss20fis4/1 American fridge freezer - where do I find

Customer Question

Maytag mss20fis4/1 American fridge freezer - where do I find model/serial nos? Not in any of the 3 places you suggest online. Plate by crisper drawer only has barcodes & SB540W - not a model no.apparently. V.grateful for help.
Diana Phillips.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi how old is your Fridge?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
9 months old
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Diana,
they really have changed a lot where they put this information, when you open the door please look on the inside wall in the fridge.
Also look on the door chassis where the door closes, could even be on the bottom.
Also please explain the issue to me.
thank you
Tech Michael
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael - no dice! Nothing in any of those places & if it's behind the thing I've had it. Immovable.
Diana.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I understand, but that may be ok since it is so new.
Please explain what the unit is doing in detail.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It needs a new water filter & I need a manual as I was only supplied with quick start-up. No model/serial no = no manual.
Diana.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Diana,
They should have given you that.
Did you purchase this fridge locally?
Thank you so much for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael - bought it via Appliances online. Thought manual was inside large installation guide in dozens of languages but now find it isn't. I agree,I ought to have checked before but we were moving into house,chaos. Called Appliances & they asked for serial no. Stymied.
Diana.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Diane,SB540W that is part of the model #.
Do you see anything else? It should be there.
Where did you come up with the SB540W?
If you can provide me with that I can give you the specs for the filter and get you the manual as well, please look carefully all over the unit, it is there somewhere.
I will stick with you and already called a tech shop for you.
Its really a whirlpool now as they have merged.
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Diane.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael - apart from 2 sets of barcodes, only SBW repeated,by itself. Info.inside right of upper crisper drawer & a pig to access. Have rated you,etc.& would be overjoyed to have manual etc.
Diana.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Diana,
i have put in a request at the best supplier I know for that they will let me know on that by Wednesday.
Do you have your original receipt for the fridge?
Thank you for your patience Diana.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael - yes I do have the receipt & can send you a copy if you need it.
Thanks,Diana.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
No I wont need it, but the company you bought the fridge from should be able to match that for the full model # also for the paper work but we will see what I can come up with.
Thank you Diana.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Re your email:I rated you & gave you top tip. Do you still intend to help as you said you would,ie.manual for Maytag, or is this it?
Diana.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Diana,
the sources all need the model # to supply me the manual.
Its on the fridge somewhere.
It may be on the left or right side wall in the fridge, or hidden on the door frame or the chassis frame.
i would love to get you the manual but I really do need that information as there are many different fridges they make.
Please look again very carefully and thank you so much for your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael - I can only repeat what I've already said. Label on R/h side of top crisper drawer. Info on it:
Typ SB...W. Model:SB540W. two sets of barcodes for what they're worth: 859512415030 and 111249002962. No serial no. And that's it.
Diana.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Diana,
Here is a site that can get you the manual, but the model # you are supplying is not for a Maytag?
Are you sure its a Maytag?
You really may need to contact the place of purchase for that if you cant get the correct model on here.
I wish I had better news for you I really do.
Please visit:http://www.allrepairmanuals.com/maytag-refrigerator.htm
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael - Maytag MSS20FIS4/1_SSL as I said in my original question. Confirmed by Whirlpool online site. It exists but without serial no.they won't supply a manual,which I need to tell me how to fit a new water filter. If you read back,you'll see I asked where to find serial no. Places suggested by online site useless for my model,not in any of them.
Diana.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Diana,
there may be another way.
WHERE IS YOUR WATER FILTER LOCATED?
On the bottom or inside the fridge?
any covers over it?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
On the bottom,with a cover over it.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, what you likely need to do, is remove the cover, the push in and turn it to the left a bit not much, and it should then pull out.
Please try that and let me know if that works for yours.
Thank you Dana.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael - ao.com have just called me to say they've extracted a manual from Whirlpool,after much trouble,& it's coming to me. Nevertheless many thanks for your efforts which are appreciated.
Regards,Diana.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your so welcome sorry for all the trouble but without the SN or full model Im stuck too.
best of luck with that filter, they can be a pain.
If you run into trouble let me know I will see what I can do.
Tech Michael