Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello I have been given a Beko DVC565 with Schott Ceran top.

Hello I have been given a Beko DVC565 with Schott Ceran top. The front left hob is tripping the fusebox. When you put power to the cooker before the trip blows there is a blue flash from the front switch to that element (the knob is currently removed). I was advised that prior to this the element would light for a few seconds before tripping the fuse now it does it instantly. Many thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Good morning, do you have a multi meter?
this really sounds like a bad element though. They will do that when the wire element breaks and shorts against the frame, a common issue.
I can help you replace that and let you know the best place to get the part, please let me know if you would like my help with this easy repair?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael thank you for your reply. My other half does have a multi meter and is fairly handy so how to replace and part advice would be great thank you. The glass above this element alone looks burnt? is this normal. Also can we get the glue easily to stick the glass back down again. Thank you

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jen, yes you can get the glue, its more like a silicone.
As for the glass looking burnt, thats perfectly normal, especially if you use the stove often lol.
Mine is like that as well, I'm also a chef and love good food.
I will stick with you guys to help whenever you are ready to work.
so if you will rate kindly before closing this window I can then set up the free follow ups with you guys.
Thank you Jen and have a great day!
Tech Michael