Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Miele G1040 dishwasher stops a short while into (any of

Customer Question

My Miele G1040 dishwasher stops a short while into (any of the) programmes. The red inlet/outlet lamp flashes. The time of stopping is not immediate but shortly after pre-wash starts.
There was a kink in the drain hose and the inside of the washer was quite greased up (just due for a chemical cleaner - not done tho') so I'm wondering whether there could be a blockage in the drain hose.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes the next step is to disconnect the drain hose, from the sink trap and check there, also run the dishwasher with the hose draining into a large pot to see if it runs powerful and clears itself that should take care of this one ;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed for sure but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've done that (after removal at exit end - ie, sink trap end, re my question - but no result); there is no result (ie, no water appears during what I assume is the drain period); at this time it sounds like something (the drain pump?) is running

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to now remove the other end and check inside the pump for debris.
Its possible that the pump may need to be replaced as well.
Please let me know what you find when you remove both hoses from the pump, it could also be clogged on the other side of the pump.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, but can you give guideline as to how to access appliance end of drain hose (it disappears into lower back)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi to do this you may be able to do this by removing the lower front kick plate, but its difficult to do it this way.
The best way to do this is to actually pull out the dishwasher and lay it on its back, that will make access very easy so you can work easily.
I will help you all the way so please rate kindly so I can be here with out the worry of the question timing out.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK have submitted rating (Good Service) but will try your recommendation later to see if that clears the problem. I guess this channel will stay open until success is achieved?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes this will now remain open to me until we have this solved.
I will be here when you are ready ;-)
Thank you for the rating!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

From the sink trap end, I inserted a piece of coaxial cable (being nice & semi-rigid) down the extension tube of the drain tube. About 1/2 way down (ca 50 cm) there was something blocking the pipe that wouldn't move. I changed-over to an unbent wire coathanger - having looped the end - and slowly extraced the blockage of hard fat. As it was the extension, I removed it and washed out with hot water until clear. Now about 30mins into a 'hot wash' cycle so it looks to be OK.

Thanks for your help. Please leave channel open for a couple of hours, though!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Awesome!!!!
Glad to help!
Tech Michael