Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have been asked to connect a hood type dishwasher which is

Customer Question

I have been asked to connect a hood type dishwasher which is used and I need to know the electric supply requirements
WT60 E
Dale
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dale,

Thank you for using Just Answer.

To install you'll need a 30mA residual current circuit breaker and an over-current device between the appliance and the main. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I wish you the best.

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gary
It is the load requirements I need ie over current protective device size
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dale,

The answer to this question would be "no" In this case the over protection devise it is refering to would be much like a ground fault. This is an added protection that is used when electricity and water can come into contact. All this is - is a secondary breaker that would trip first if a short would occur. Think of it this way ... the ground fault used in kitchens and bathroom. All the outlets are ground fault which is a breaker built into the outlet it's self. They are more sensitive to surges thus is why they would trip faster that the normal breaker would. If you have any other questions please let me know.

I wish you the best

Gary