Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a cannon henley dual electric oven with a gas hob. The

Customer Question

I have a cannon henley dual electric oven with a gas hob. The gas hob ignition clicks somewhere inside but only sparks occasionally. How can I fix this or get it fixed by someone please?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using Just Answer.

The ignition or where it sparks from or too could be dirty. You might want to try cleaning where the two points come together. Also check the gap. If the gap is to big, the spark can't jump accross. Once you have tried this and both still fail, you'll need to replace the ignition. Not knowing which model you have, you might want to look where you press the button. Some of these sorces have built in batteries. It could be that you just need to replace the battery. If you have any other questions, please ask.

I wish you the best.

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Gary,

I assume you mean the source of the spark (the ignition) which needs cleaning etc? The hob itself and all the spark points are perfectly clean.

I don't know how to access the wiring /mechanism behind the facia. There is no clear indication of which screws I need to remove to enable me to gain access and undertake an inspection and repair. Information of how to do that would be ideal.

Kind regards,

Michael

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael,

I'll look into it and get back to you. Can you please provide me with the model number. Thanks

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't worry Gary, I have fixed it and all is well.

All the best,

Michael

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Micheal,

If you need anything else, please let me know.

I wish you the best.

Gary