Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a Yamata desk-top blind stitch machine Model FY500-1

I have a Yamata desk-top blind stitch machine Model FY500-1 and desperately need a Controller Pedal ?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi, and thank you for using Just Answer ...

Gary :

Per your question, what is you machine doing or not doing?

Customer:

The wires leading into the connection going into the machine have broken. my son is a mobile mechanic, he looked at it for me and said it was beyond repair, broken just due to wear and tear

Gary :

So the plug is broke correct?

Customer:

not the plug end, the connection going into the machine

Gary :

I'm sorry, please excuse me. When you mean the connection going into the machine, are you referring to where you attached the petal to the machine?

Customer:

yes i suppose i do mean that

Gary :

Ok, thanks. How old is this machine?

Customer:

i think about 9 years old

Gary :

I'm sorry about the wait ... I'm looking in my book here to see what I can do.

Customer:

good luck, hope you can save me x

Gary :

Ok, I think I might have something for you. Have you tried "Sewing Machine Parts"? their number is Mobile Phone Number 07887505949
[email protected]

Gary :

Here's where they are out of ... Jerry Fried & Co. Ltd - Saltmeadows Road - Gateshead - Tyne & Wear - NE8 3BQ VAT NUMBERNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

think i have, tried so many lost count, but i will try again just in case

Gary :

Their web site is: www.sewingparts.co.uk

Customer:

sure i have but i will try again. thank you

Gary :

Now, with these companies not everything is on the web site. In most cases you have better luck in calling them and talking to them straight.

Gary :

If you get noware with them, please get back in touch.

Customer:

ok i will do that then

Gary :

In the mean time, I'll put some feelers out to see what I can find for you.

Customer:

just tried to phone but it is switched off at the moment, it said please try again later or send a text, so i will send a text and wait and see what happens

Gary :

OK, if this don't pan out, please let me know. I wish you the best.

Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning Gary

I cannot get through to them on the phone and they have not answered my email, so I am no further on and it has cost me £33???????

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I HAVE PAID £33 AND HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT ????

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
£33 on I am still no further on. The Company
Gary gave me do not answer phones or reply to
emails
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
emails
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for getting back. Let me look into it for you and I'll let you know. Don't give up, we'll take care of it.

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I am getting nowhere fast, yes I am prepared to wait to hear from you.

Will I get a refund if you cannot help me?

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about your case. I have a couple of leads, but it will not be until Tuesday before I find out anything for you. I am sorry about the wait, but your machine is one of those unpopular ones. Please hang in there.

Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

As promised I found the part for you. However I must warn you that this is an after market, but it is for your machine. Since your machine is uncommon this is typictal in locating parts. It comes with plug, peddel and motor. the cost is $34.00 U.S. plus shipping. You can try their tool free number 1-888-292-6282 or their direct line 1-305-418-4421. They are located in Miami Florida U.S.A. Please ask for Hector in parts. Tell him you need part number MM1 for your FY500-1 machine.

If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. I wish you the best.

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry I did reply so dont know what happened to that. Thanks for your help, but i do not need a motor, that would make the shipping too expensive, seeing I dont need a motor.