Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Beko Gas Oven DG 5822. Gas ignites fine when knob pressed

Customer Question

Beko Gas Oven DG 5822. Gas ignites fine when knob pressed for oven , but goes off immediately when released .... also tried holding for up to 30 seconds ... but still same result.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer.

The thermo coupler is out. It is a sensor that lyes in line with the igniter/piliot light. Even though you get a start, the false reading is telling the valve something is wrong, or there is no flame. Replace this and you should be fine. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

I wish you the best.

Gary

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Do you know of any manuals on line etc?

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Beko has discontinue this model. Also I don't know if you were aware, but Beko has also issue a recall on your model as well. This has something to do if your unit has been converted to LPG. The number to call is 0800 917 2018 to set up a free repair.

I don't know much more than that. If you choose to call them, ask to see if you can get a manual for it. As for a manual, go to www.manualslib.com - and enter the name and model number. If anyone who's going to have it, they will.

I wish you the best.

Gary