Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My machine wont start, it has a fault code c3 Can I fix

Customer Question

My machine won't start, it has a fault code c3
Can I fix it?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sorry to hear that,
May I have the full model #?
Also how old is your dishwasher?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello can't see a model reference,it's been built in.i guess about 8 years old
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Please open the door, and look all around the door edges and the door frame it should be there somewhere.
Tech michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Neff GmbH
E-nr
S54m45x5gb/01
FD8705

Type s9151f
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Please disconnect power at the mains for 5 full minutes, while that happening look in the bottom of the unit on the floor, you are looking for a part that is a float, it is likely stuck UP, see if you can find it and press it down, let me know id this helps, as there may another issue with the float.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no float ,just grey sliding door which shoots open when blue lover flicked
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi , thanks,
Were you saying earlier, that it does drain and seems to be stuck in drain and thats all it will do?
If not please explain in detail
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yep it just drains the water then keeps running
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi, that is one of two things, its either the float, which may be difficult to see and may be under the spray arm in the sump.
It is usually that switch that either gets stuck UP or fails and needs to be replaced.
Please check those places for this.
Also please rate kindly so I can lock this in for us, no additional cost for rating ;-)
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can't see any float switch do you have a picture or a description
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, before we go further, I need to be sure of something.
Does the machine drain?
And seem to be stuck that way or not?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, What you will need to do is remove the lower wash arm and any cover. Then look to see if you can see the float. You may need a flashlight.
But the correct way to do this one, is the remove the sump it comes out from the bottom.
But before you do that sometimes this works as well, you will need to pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its back for this repair. Please let me know when you have the unit out.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have ran out of time now as taking a while
Other stuff planned this evening, will have to try another time
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Ok thats fine I will be here when you need me.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael