Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

oven heating up for 7 minutes then goes out even lighting on

Customer Question

oven heating up for 7 minutes then goes out even lighting on the timer 30 minutes later power return when oven is heating up the igniter comes on the model is 700GD0
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that. Did you mean the brand was STOVES?
How old is your oven?
Is this a gas model as I suspect?
And did you mean that once it shuts off prematurely, when it cools it will try to re light?
The more you can tell me clearly the better I can help.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You are right, it is a Stoves gas cooker, double oven. I can light the oven and it stays on for a short time, and then goes off. It does not relight itself and never has done. I have to do it manually. The light on the timer comes on, but not the gas, until I turn the tap off then on again.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Rich for the clear explanation ;-)
What you have here is a failing thermo couple.
It is a safety device that will turn the gas off when it cant sense the flame, thinking that there may be gas flowing but no fire to burn it.
Its a good part lol.
But in your case that one needs replacing. Its not too difficult to do for someone who's handy and has some basic hand tools.
If you want I can source the part for you and even help you make the repair if you feel up to it?
Or you would need an appliance repairman to do this for you.
Please let me know, I will stick with you until this is fixed one way or the other, in case you have any further questions about this Rich.
But
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do wish you to help me to source the part and to give me some instruction in putting into the appliance. Will it be difficult to buy the part as I live in England. Also I shall have to pull the appliance out and turn the gas off and the electricity supply 240 v ac.

I will put the laptop near to me when I start work on the oven.

Please explain how I give a good recommendation to you and also the amount I have given will I think give me a week. Is this what you mean. Richard

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rich, at the bottom of the page you can rate, you should see it there.
You can get the part from E spares listed below. When you have the part just contact me like this in one of our letters and i will resond ;-)
Its that easy. SO now you can rate with without worry, I will then be able to schedule us for the duration. It wont cost you anything further.
Thank you Rich.
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I should like to thank you for your help. I have noted the telephone numbers down and when I have purchased the part, and I need help, shall I hope find you again. Richard

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the kind rating Rich, I will be here when you have the thermocouple:-)
Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately the cooker has such a poor report of feedback with other people saying that it has so many faults with it , that it is not worth our time and trouble trying to rectify it. People say that flames have been seen coming out through the grill door melting the taps. I also have witnessed this. The cooker is unreliable, and I am not taking the chance with it.

Best wishes Richard

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rich, in this case, I dont blame you and I do agree.
I wish you the best with you new purchase!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

good bye thanks rich

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Have a great day, no further response needed.