Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi Electrolux jetstream has no electric going to it.I

My Zanussi Electrolux jetstream has no electric going to it.I have changed the fuse, but still not working. Any Ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ZWF14791W

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. Im sorry this isn't going to be good news.

If the power supply to the washer is fine then its going to be the control board. Ive seen this fault loads of times on these and its always the control board at fault.

What you need to do is remove the top and from there look behind the plastic control panel and you will see the control board.

On the left hand side you will see 2 wires going to a blue switching unit on the board. This is the mains power going in.

If you have a test meter you need to test that theres 230v there. If so then the power supply up to the board is ok and that the control board itself is faulty.

You can try disconnecting that wiring block and refit it a few time and give the blue switching unit a few taps with the handle of your screwdriver as sometimes that may release the relays that's stuck in there. Its a long shot but worth a try.

But if that doesn't cure it then the control board will need to be replaced im afraid to get the washer up and running again.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try that later. I have not got a tester, but an electrician pal is coming room later.He will bring his kit and carry out your suggestion.

If the control board needs to be replaced, is it worth it or should I just replace the washing machine?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

A new control board for these is £163 so very expensive part.

You may find at that price its not worth it but that's up to you weather you want to spend that much on the part.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Daniel. You've answered my question. I do not think it is worth it.

I can buy a new washing machine from £250.00 (with at least 1 year gaurantee).

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Your very welcome.

That that price its better to get the washer you have seen then fix this.

If you could just rate the answer I gave that would be great.