Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Siemens HB280 the oven door will not stay closed and is easily

Siemens HB280 the oven door will not stay closed and is easily pulled out, it now justs wants to fall open
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the full E-Nr number from the label on the appliance please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for responding but it is a fiited oven and the details wiil be on the rear of the ove, you would need to remove it to find that detail. I have the handbook but no numbers there. Any identifying features?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
No, the details won't be on the rear.
There's a label in the door recess with the details, unless it's been removed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Right! The number is:
HB 28050 EU
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

If the door is simply falling open, it suggests the hinges have failed.

There is a hinge kit available for the machine.

You have to take the door off and take it apart to replace them.

Copy and paste the following into a new browser window. It takes you to a supplier of the parts.

http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es1019352/oven-door-hinge-kit-screws-not-included?SearchTerm=068488

If you want to check other suppliers, the part number is XXXXX

Please double check with the suppliers that the part will fit your machine as it has been superseded to this part. The original is no longer available.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me.

Obviously, if you cannot do the work yourself, you'll need to get someone in to do it for you.
You would need to add the call out/ labour charge to the parts cost for a final bill.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It feels like the balance of the springs in the door is no longer there, I don't know if they can become detached on their own, or can be re-attached. Also the thermostat on this oven is faulty, and it is at least 13 years old, so perhaps bettertochange it?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, adding a new thermostat into the equation I'd be suggesting you consider using the potential repair costs against a new appliance.

The springs would normally snap on this setup so you would need the repair kit to try and sort it out.

Sorry, not the easiest repair to carry out.

Good luck with the new appliance, if you decide to go that route.