Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Siemans Washing machine E-Nr. WM12E468GB/07 FD8705605708

Customer Question

I have a Siemans Washing machine E-Nr. WM12E468GB/07 FD8705605708 and it fuses the power I think when the spin comes on at the beginning of the wash. I have tested the socket and tested the machine which can work, and then not work when the spin cycle starts.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear about that.
Is it the mains in your home that go out?
Also how old is your washer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bought 2007 The electrics are fine apart from that one socket or different socket when the machine comes onto a spin cycle - electrics have been tested

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Pam, What I am asking, is what fuse blows one in the washer or one in the home when it gets to the spin cycle?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It blows in the fuse box

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thank you thats what I needed to know.
Please try running the washer with no clothes in it and let me know if it still blows the fuse.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have started the rapid cycle - it has filled and then the display panel has gone dark and blank and the machine is not functioning.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Pam for that test.
What you need is a new main control board.its easy enough to install and I will help you.
it only requires a few basic hand tools. The one on your machine has failed unfortunately.
I can also locate the best place to order that if you need.
Please let me know what you would like to do?
I will stick with you until this is fixed but
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Pam
Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In fact you gave the wrong diagnosis - it was the heater that had gone, the control panel is fine and the washing machine is now fixed with a replacement heater by a local repair company.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Pam, thats always possible but with what you mentioned that was a good educated guess as that is usually the problem. I can not be 100% sure unless I could be there to actually test the unit.
I am however happy that you got this fixed.
Have a great day Pam!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please close this discussion.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi have a great day Pam, Np further response needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have Cancelled my subscription

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thats fine Pam :-)
Have a great day! no reply needed.