Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I am about to start replacing a sealed drum unit on my AEG

I am about to start replacing a sealed drum unit on my AEG Lavamat L63742 washing machine. I assumed instructions would be included but are not. I wonder if I could be pointed to where I can get the instructions plse

Rgds
Martin
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Unfortunately, there are no instructions on how to do this.

What is the problem you are having with it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Jus about to start have the machine in centre of room - am reasonably competent but have not done this before - looked at YouTube - do is start at back disconnecting motor etc - and how do I remove the rubber seal at front of machine .

Martin
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, the seal onto the front has a retaining ring, you take this out and the seal just peels off the front panel.

Does your machine have a removable rear panel or is it a split casing machine?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok got the front seal off
Machine has a removable rear panel
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, not an easy job then as the tub assembly has to be lifted up through the top of the machine.

Basically, you disconnect everything attached to the tub.
You take the dispenser out and anything else in the way.

Take the facia panel off.
Take the upper weight off.
Take the motor off.
Take the pegs holding the suspension to the tub out. (there's barb you press in so they can be pulled through).
Take the sump hose off.

Whatever you do, don't lay the machine over, tilt it if you have to but keep it more or less upright.

Once everything is disconnected, you lift the entire assembly up through the top.

Start dismantling it and just post if you get stuck.

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help.

If you post the product number (PNC) of the machine, I'll see if I have a service manual for it, there may be something in there to help, if I do.
The number begins with 9 so you need to prefix it with A to prevent it being crossed out when posted.
eg. A914941419 00

Hope this helps

Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Product number is XXXXX This the drum part number

I am starting to take apart
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Not the drum number I need, it's the product number of the appliance.
It's on a label in the door recess.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A914528213-02
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, there's nothing in the service manual to help.

The exploded view of the appliance does show the front is removable.

If you find the tub won't come up through the top, you'll need to remove the front of the machine too.

It does involve removing everything on the front of the machine.