Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a whirlpool WWCR 9230 washing machine 13 months old

I have a whirlpool WWCR 9230 washing machine 13 months old purchased from Costco

The washing machine sits in a cupboard with a new floor that is level. It goes absolutely mental, shaking and juddering when it is in a spin cycle making an extremely loud noise and moves violently until part of the machine is leaning out of the cupboard.

The only time the washing machine does not do this is when I ran the machine empty but on different washes. The machine behaves violently on a full and half load.

What has coused this proble and what can I do to fix the problem
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear that.
This could be one of two things, it could be a bad spindle or a bad balance spring.
But this unit should still be fully covered under the manufacturers 2 year warranty. Please check that before we go further on this.
I will stick with you until we have this fixed one way or the other.
But
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

I'm in the UK and it appears that appliance is only covered by the manufacturers for just one year, however I noted your diagnosis and will be telling Costco where I bought it and no doubt with their huge purchasing power they will tell Whirlpool to fix it unless you have other suggestions

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sam, try that, but let me know if you need me to locate a better source if they wont help.
Thanks Sam.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. Thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Have a great day Sam!