Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Baumatic BDW45.1 Dishwasher .It is approximately 3

I have a Baumatic BDW45.1 Dishwasher .It is approximately 3 years old and only lightly used .Recently whilst in use it tripped all power .I called out an electrician who confirmed it was the Dishwasher after approximately 45 minutes of elimination process.This weekend it
tripped all power just when the Dishwasher socket was switched on .The electrician assured me that the socket was not the cause but a fault on the Dishwasher itself. Any ideas ??

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok when you get a fault like this were the dishwasher is tripping the electrics out a lot of the time its down to a faulty heater element. As these fail and like to cause the electrics to trip out.

If you are looking at fixing yourself you need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the right hand side panel and the rear panel on the back towards the bottom.

From here you need to locate the heater and from there disconnect the wires on there and tape them up.

Then turn the dishwasher back on again and see if it stops tripping out. If it does then the heater is the fault and will need to be replaced.

If the heater is fine then the other thing that can cause the electrics to trip is the wash motor. So disconnect the motor and see if this stops the tripping.

So check the heater if you can as mostly on dishwashers its the heater which causes this kind of fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

Appreciate your prompt reply and your opinion.Does your service allow me time to try the checks before I rate you ?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Yes that's not a problem. Check it out and see what you find then you can come back to me and either rate or ask follow up questions if its still not working.

You will have an email with a link back here so click that to come back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's great .Appreciated .

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
No worries speak soon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

Getting back to you as promised.

Dishwasher examined and appears the Rinse Aid dispenser has corroded and leaked over the wiring loom and some other parts.

I note from my credit card statement that the fee has been debited .

thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Glad to hear you found the fault and thanks for letting me know.

As to the payment its only the deposit you made into your account. So to make payment you just need to rate the answer.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.