KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Philips steam generator iron gc8300 is not steaming properly,

My Philips steam generator iron gc8300 is not steaming properly, the steam trigger only seems to work when the full steam slider is on (no continuous steam). Can it be fixed?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you tried to descaling it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

If not you can use Vinegar and Water solution (50/50 ratio) into the water chamber and leave it like this for a day..then switch it on to steam and hold it over the sink...everything should be cleaned from inside...let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

Hi Kevin

Customer:

I've descaled and decalcd, it heats up and sounds like it's working, then when I press the steam button it doesn't produce anything. The steam button will only work when the continuous steam button is on.

Customer:

Do you think it could be something with the electrics?

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes the problem is more likely with the Steam unit which should be checked

KevinWhiteJA :

are you looking to repair this yourself

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

I don't think I can repair it myself, looks a bit complicated! Any suggestions as to where to take it?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can contact www.repaircare.co.uk for quote or contact the manufacturer

Customer:

Thanks Kevin

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....

Customer:

much appreciated, it sounds like it's repairable, was bothered I'd have to get a new one.

Customer:

Thanks again

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

Customer:

Sharon