Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

We have an integrated CDA dishwasher model no. WC140IN. There

We have an integrated CDA dishwasher model no. WC140IN. There is a loose connection inside the control panel, part no. LT126 XXXXXXXXXXX 03. We cannot see where to secure it. It is a small green circuit board with a tiny glass tube attached. Please could you advise?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post a photograph of this part please?

If it's what I think it is, it should be a light tube that connects to a hole in the facia panel top.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do we post a photo? I have it on my phone but I can't got it onto the PC. Can use WhatsApp?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
You can upload it to a file sharing site and post the link to it here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will have a go. Been looking for hours. There are no holes on the fascia top panel & all other lights appear to be working ok as they are in a sealed unit. Could this be surplus to needs i.e. used for a different model>

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
It's very possible but, I'll be able to tell once I've seen it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just sent photo. Please let me know if this is ok

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

I'm afraid the photograph is too fuzzy to make anything out.

However, it appears to be a little part normally attached to the circuit board in the door. If it is, there's no direct connection (tracks on the board joining it) so it won't affect operation.
There's also a very small board (similar) attached to the dispenser.
Check to see which it may be.

To ensure it doesn't short out when the door is open and closed, I'd suggest insulating it.
Tape it to the wiring loom out of the way.

If you can post clearer photographs of the part and the existing boards in the facia, I'll be able to double check.

Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have looked again but can't find any place for it. We have taken your advice and taped securing it and closed up. Dishwasher appears to be working ok although we haven't run a complete cycle through. Our only concern would be if this is some sort of heat censor which is not in place but as I said we can't see anywhere for it to go even on the dispenser. Do you think this is ok?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
It's not a heat sensor.
Heat sensors are underneath and clipped to the sump bowl/underside of the tub.

As long as it's insulated, it will be fine.
Run a full program and see if it throws up an error.

Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Put on cycle and will let it run. Will let you know how it goes but will be a little while.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
No problem, just post when you can.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cycle run through without any error messages. Seems ok thank you

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
You're very welcome.

Good luck with the appliance.

Hope this helped
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK