Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

hpt washing machine aqxxl 129pm uk, when the machine gets to

Customer Question

hpt washing machine aqxxl 129pm uk, when the machine gets to the spin the pump justs starts to pump for a second , it does it a few times then the lights start flashing
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi, thank you for using just answer.

Gary :

Can you tell me if the pump works fine in all of the other cycles

Customer :

yes, even changed for a new one

Gary :

So you replaced the pump?

Gary :

Well I see this chat room isn't working out to well. I'm going to switch this to Q&A to allow us more time.

Customer :

yes, its strange one, because the wm just stops, empties then struggles to spin, then other occasions the pumpworks and spins fine

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can you help me on what i have said

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

This will allow us more time to work out your problem. Your problem isn't the pump. WHat I would like to know if during the spin cycle either in rince or at the end, did you hear any noise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes a slight clicking noise, i think from the mother board, but strangely as i took the back plate of the machine started to pump and spin

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, what you would want to do is check all of the connections to the mother board. As I agree with you as strange as it is, when you removed the mother board .. you released pressure on the wiring harness allowing it to make contact. Sometime it don't take very much to break contact in today's machines. Please give this a go and let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

once ive done that and the problem is still there, anything else that would cause the problem

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Yes, several in fact. Can you tell me this ... did you run a complete cycle through the machine with the back panel off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, would this help in the diagnoise

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Yes it will.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so you want me to do this, once done what should i be looking for

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Well, for starters you want to make sure that your machine will work through all of it's cycle from start to finish with no problems. So if you can, use the small load setting and run the machine empty. Please let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will do, i will get back soon,many thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when ive done what you asked, is their anything else i can check its a friend and they live a fair way from me, so instead of going back and forth to them, i was an engineer of 10 yrs, many moons ago, but the newer machine have probs ive not come across before, many thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back. How did that cycle go? Did it run all the way through or did it do the same thing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

same thing again

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

same thing , tryed with and without clothes,..

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Let me look into this, and I'll get back to you. Something don't sound quite right.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks, i await your reply, many thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

In looking at this problem, I would say lets just get the basics out of the way first. So lets see if any of these can help.
1] The program does not include a draining phase; some program requires manual draining

2] The "reduce creases" option is enable' to complete the programme, press the start/pause button

3] the outlet hose is bent or clogged.

When you replaced the pump did you check the drainage hose for obstruction? It would be prior to the pump (in most cases) and from the pump to the outlet where it drains into. (sink/drain)

Please check all of these and let me know.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no none of the above, its like the pump gets a slight currant to the pump for a milli second then nothing, but if i turn it manually it starts to work intermittantly, its a strange one...

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back. In lure of everything, and all that we talked about and tried, it's leading me to believe that the timer in your machine is failing. In the timers there are contacts and at times they get hot when the machine is under a heavy load and more current is needed to do the job asked of it. Typical under two settings, 1] the pump (when they go bad) 2] the spin cycle (trying to spin out the water under a heavy load)

Replace your timer and this will take care of your problem. I wish you the best.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

timer or the main board at the bottom of the machine, or the one inside the door?

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

This would be the timer on the main board. The one that controls the cycle of the machine, from wash, rince and spin.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will let you know,many thanks...