Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

hpt wmfl 833 g uk, the machine goes all the way through and

Customer Question

hpt wmfl 833 g uk, the machine goes all the way through and finishes, but the door remains closed, on this model the door interlock disengages the door. But at the end you carnt open it only with the mannual green puller at the bottom of the wm
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using just answer.

Gary :

How long have you been using the manual release cord?

Customer :

first time, when i couldnt open the door

Gary :

At the end of the cycle, did you notice any noises like buzzing or clicking?

Customer :

no, thats what i mean this model does make a noise when either you pause or when the wm finishes, the door interlock disengaged

Gary :

can you tell me this; The door will not open until the door lock indicator light goes out shortly after

the program has finished. Is the light out or not when your machine is completed?

Customer :

on, until you mannualy open the door

Gary :

Have you tried to move the "wash dial" knob when the wash was completed? Example, even though it is "off" manually move the knob a little bit more to the "off" position to see if that makes a differance

Customer :

there is no off position on this machine, you set the dial and it satys in the same position all through the cycle, ive checked all the connections, throughout the wm, ive ordered a new interlock, would that solve the prob

Gary :

I understand there is no off button. However I wanted to know if there is a slight movement with-in the knob and if the light was still on, if it turned off with you moving the knob. As for the switch it's self, it could be the problem, however it may not be the case. What I was trying to do is narrow down the possibility. If you still have the light on the machine after the cycle, then your problem is in the wash control knob. It isn't making the connection needed to activate the switch so you can open it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so i need to change the front control panel

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
I don't know yet. What I would like for you to do is to see if you can get the door light to turn off by moving the control knob. Please let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ive skoken to my friend and they tried again sorry they told me the light DOES go off after the cycle has finished, but no door release, sorry about that, many thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back. Ok, now comes the fun stuff ... what you need to do here is to remove the top (lid) of your machine. Start with the removal of the trim piece just above the control board. In most cases they are normally snapped in. When you get that off, you should with a screwdriver or a small bar, go in the corner of the machine and place the bar between the lid and the front cover base. With gentle pressure push down. These tops are normally snapped down as well. Once you have the top removed, you should see the back side of the control knob. What I want you to do is press on the wire harness on the back of the control knob and see if the door light (if still on) goes out. If this light is out, then unplug your machine from the power source. Once unplugged, then unplug the wire harness from the control knob. See if it has any corrosion, and make sure nothing is broke. These machines due to the vibration sometimes break wire connectors. If everything is fine, plug it back in.

From here you need to verify power to your door lock. You'll need to plug the machine back in for a power. Take a voltage meter and check for power around the control knob. See if there is power to the wire leading to the door lock. ** Please note: Depending on the lock style it'll take power to close the lock, or to open it.** Since the knob should be already at the end of the cycle see if there is power. If no power, move the control knob to start a wash cycle and then check for power. If no power is showing, then the control knob needs to be replaced. If you show power at one end of the cycle (start or finish) then I would be looking to replace the lock. I enclosed a diagram to help you out. Please let me know how this works, and if you have any questions, please ask. Just remember that you'll be working with live power, so please be careful in not hurting yourself. I wish you the best.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will let you know , many thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Thanks and I wish you the best.

gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will let you know, many thanks....