Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Ive just bought an AEG L76475FL washing machine which comes

I've just bought an AEG L76475FL washing machine which comes with a water stop inlet hose. This is a very thick and inflexible hose and I cannot fit this to my cold water supply tap due to restricted space. According to the AEG spares website no other hose will fit this particular machine but surely this cannot be true as I thought that all washing machine connections were of a standard size. Can't I just buy an AEG standard hose without the water stop device and fit this instead?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

This hose they use as a safety hose so if it picks up a leak from the water tap a sponge in there expends to stop the water.

But you don't have to use this hose. Ive seen it loads of times were people take it off and use just a normal fill hose.

As the water valve the hose screws onto is just a normal size so any fill hose will fit on there.

If you still have the old fill hose from you old washer you can use that as its the same size.

Just unscrew the new hose off the washer and refit the old hose that will work just fine.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that. It's pretty much what I thought but the attitude of the AEG shop implying the hose supplied is the only one that will fit seems at the least a bit strange. I've considered using my old hose but am worried the washers may be damaged and not seal properly. I would prefer to get a new AEG hose.

So if a get a standard hose from the AEG shop website then that should do the job. I think they have one called a 'Classic'.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No any hose will fit that.

I don't know how much the hose is you saw on the AEG site but click here for a new fill hose. This is just as good and more then likely a lot cheaper.

It doesn't have to be an AEG hose as all the fill hoses are the same.