Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

my de dietrich dishwasher wont start and and ics light just

Customer Question

my de dietrich dishwasher wont start and and ics light just comes on
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. I'm going to move this to Q&A so it will allow us more time to work with your problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Can you please provide me with the model number of your unit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its a dvh610ju1

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for providing me with the model number. With this unit having the ICS (Intelligent Control System) there are more sensors/monitors on it than you can shake a stick. One of those are on the door. This being said, you need to go back there and recheck everything you removed/replaced and put back together. It could be as simple as the door is not center right.

Also, any idea why the inlet valve was by-passed? This is a common problem with these machines and by bypassing the valve allowed them to work, however the "code" would still read. And speaking of codes, does your machine show any? I wish I could give you a direct answer, but I can't at the moment. However said, I can help you narrow this down but it will take some time.

Also did you buy this machine used? or was it in a home you just purchased? Reason for asking is by all the work you had done on it so far. What I'm seeing here is what we call a hidden ghost. They're not the easiest thing to find just because it is time consuming. Again, I need you to retrace your steps, double check any wire harness you may have unplugges/replugged ... the whole bit. Please let me know what you find.

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THE INLET VAVLE HAD JUST STUCK OPEN AND WATER WAS BYPASSING AND FILLING THE MACHINE. i have checked all the wires and seems to be all on porperly. no it was a machine someone asked me to look at. the door seems to be close properly. is their a way to rest the program

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Starting from the basics please run through this ... Press and hold the on/off cancel button for 1 minute. see if this clears things up. From there try this ...

Press the START/PAUSE button. This corresponding indicator light remains lit in a fixed manner and the porthole door locks (the door locked indicator light illuminates) The icons corresponding to the different wash phase will light up during the ccle, indicating the progress. Please let me know what happens.

Gary