Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Hotpoint 7850 dishwasher is stuck on the wash cycle. Whichever

My Hotpoint 7850 dishwasher is stuck on the wash cycle. Whichever type of wash I select it never moves the indicator from the "wash" symbol and never moves on to drying.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that.
When its stuck on that cycle, does it run a motor or drain pump?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As far as I can tell it seems to to be running as in a normal wash cycle: circulating the water and (I think) heating the water. Even with power off the needle still points to the wash cycle and as soon as I start it it starts washing.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Sam,
Please turn power to the dishwasher off at the mains.
Then wait 5 full minutes. Next turn it back on and please let me know if that fixed this or what exactly is happening.
I will stick with you until this is fixed completely but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX