Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Beko 686 dishwasher seams to be stuck on a program and canot

Customer Question

Beko 686 dishwasher seams to be stuck on a program and canot seemt o cancel it as will not do anything
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear about that.
How old is your dishwasher?
Also What program is is stuck on?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Dishwasher is 4 months old stuck on a programme after did not drain system after a cycle

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that information.
Does the drain pump run while its stuck?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it seems to be running as there is a motor or something running now but thats it

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
please turn the power to the dishwasher off at the mains.
Next open the door and look on the floor of the dishwasher inside for a part that looks like a tiny float. See if you can locate that and see if you can press it down.
Please let me know. Then turn the power back on and if this cures the issue your in good shape. But since this dishwasher is only 4 months old, I would call the manufacturer Beko, they will come out and fix this for you at no cost to you ;-)
Or you also have the option of having this whole dishwasher replaced.
The problem is a stuck float, which you may not be able to find as it may be in the sump.
I would call them in any case as this float will stick again as its either clogged with food or is a defective float.
I will stick with you until this is fully resolved but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael