KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Beko DSFN1532W dishwasher. It does its emptying cycle

Customer Question

I have a Beko DSFN1532W dishwasher. It does its emptying cycle when you start a wash progrm and then fills with water. However that's all that happens, until a short while later the emtying cycle starts again and empties what's left below the filters.

I have checked the pump which is not blocked and rotates freely, there is no water in the base, so no leaks.

This happened once before with this machine, whilst under warrantee and the engineer sorted it. My wife does not recall him needing to do much, although he did not need any parts. She doesn't know actually what he did.

Can you help.
George
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi George

KevinWhiteJA :

Welcome to just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

Approx 18mth/2yrs

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you also tried to pull it out and then lay it on its back by around 45 degrees so that if still there is any water in there it drains out...after reading your questions the problem is more likely with the float

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

Yes I've had the machine out and had the base off. I checked the float, which moved freely and I could hear the switch clicking on/off. Do you think I need a new float switch or would disconnecting the plug to it prove it was faulty?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes you can try that as well

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

George

KevinWhiteJA :

sure, it that does not help then test the heater assembly with a multi meter

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

I've checked the float switch and it is working (I looped out the plug to rule out the switch). Checked heater and gave 30ohms, so presume ok.

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

Also meant to say I have checked resisatnce across the recirc pump and it was ok (approx 80ohms) and the capicitor checks our ok.

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

I've tried the machine again and the sequence is as follows, 1) drain pump cycle starts, 2) starts to fill with water, 3) then it sits and does nothing (no noise, such as the pump trying to start - nothing). Only light on is the orange "wash" light, 4) some time later the drain pump starts again. It seems as though the circ pump is not actually being told to start. Are there any sensors that need checked that could be preventing the wash sequence to start?

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

Sorted it! I checked the water feed flow meter and found the plug onto the switch poc

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

..........hit return by mistake.

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

I checked the water feed flow meter and found the plug connected to the switch pcb must have been making a poor connection. Now that it detects water flow, the dishwasher now works through the wash cycle correctly.

JACUSTOMER-3iib6gaz- :

I don't feel the checking of the flow switch and heater were reasons for the fault I was experiencing. Flow switch problems seem to result in the emptying pump running all the time (I found that out when I shorted out the flow switch), which wasn't what I was experiencing and also not sure how a heater fault would explain the fault either. I feel I would have found my fault via a process of ellimination anyway. I am happy to offer some payment, but I don't feel the advise I got was worth £28.

KevinWhiteJA :

Thank You for rating this as Poor Service even when I tried to help you...before I could have even responded you already assumed that I don't know anything about these units...glad that it is now solved for you however, if you are looking for a refund please contact customer service..Thanks again for your prompt review