Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Maytag fridge freezer with a water and ice dispenser

Customer Question

I have a Maytag fridge freezer with a water and ice dispenser at the front.

No water coming out when I press a glass against it.

I have checked the water supply to the fridge and it is OK.

can you help?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also is it still making ice?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GC2228EED3

not sure if it is making ice as I turned it off and so the ice that was in there melted. But I think the answer is no.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if its not doing both then you need to check the water supply is good to the appliance.

As on these the mains water goes into the water valve at the bottom and from there it goes 2 ways. One up to the ice maker and the other to the water bottle in the fridge for normal water.

As its not doing both then the fault lays somewere with the mains water or the water valve itself.

But if the water to the ice maker is fine then remove the plastic strip on the front at the bottom and on the left hand side you will see a hose going up the freezer door.

Theres a push fit connection on there so disconnect the hose and put the end into a jug.

Then press for water and if water does come out then the water line inside the freezer is frozen and will need to be defrosted.

But if theres no water coming form there then you need to be looking at the back at the water valve as you may find this is the fault.

Let me know how it goes.