Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Janome MC 11000

My Janome mc1100 gives me a message telling me to 'raise the presser foot' when I try and access the embroidery mode even if the foot is already raised and will not let me go any further. Please help.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer/ Pearl.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and we need information in order to be able to
help you solve your difficulties. The more information you give us the quicker we can help.
Does it ask to raise the presser foot in other modes?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No only when I try to access the embroidery mode. I can sew perfectly well in the utility mode.

Lesley

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Lesley,
Please try a test for me,
Unplug the sewing machine for 20 full minutes. then replug it in and try it again.
Let me know if that helped at all with this problem. If it does, please rate kindly, but if not do not rate yet simply reply to me for further information.
Thank you Lesley.
Tech Micahel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I have done that and will get back to you.

Lesley

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Sounds good I will be here ;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still displaying message.

Lesley

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for trying that test.
This problem is an issue with the main control board inside the machine.
Its a rare problem but will need to be serviced by a sewing machine repair shop to have it fixed. I wish I had better news for you on this Lesley I really do. But it still wont be an expensive repair.
Usually shops that fix Vacuums also do the sewing machines as well.
I will stick with you in case you need me further but since since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Lesley.
Tech Michael