Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

On getting up found the fridge at 11 and the freezer at -2.

On getting up found the fridge at 11 and the freezer at -2. Something seems to be wrong. The fridge should be 4 and the freezer should be -18 . Is there something I can do to rectify? E No. is KG30U625GB; FD No. is 8512 03. Bought new 4/08/06.

The fridge number has moved down to 10 (after 2 hours) but the freezer has gone to
00.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer/ Pearl.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and we need information in order to be able to
help you solve your difficulties. The more information you give us the quicker we can help.
Is there any heavy frost on the inside rear wall of the freezer?
Also how old is your fridge?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already given the details when the fridge was bought new- i.e. bought 04/08/06 take away from 2014 = 8 years.

There is no frost at all on the inside back wall of the freezer.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi please check the door seals all the way around got any cracks or gaps.
This usually occurs for a couple of reasons. the # XXXXX reason is that the unit needs a good cleaning.
The heating coils need a good brushing and vacuuming.
Also behind the unit there is an access panel.
When you ope that, there will likely be a lot of dust on the those coils, the compressor and the evaporator fan.
Also please make sure that fan that cools the compressor is running. They fail and will cause this as well.
I will stick with you because there could be another issue, and also if that fan is not running it will need to be replaced. A very easy task but I can help you locate a new one for the best price and reliability ;-)
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
e