Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

appliance is cadogan opti mist stove cgn20 filling the watertank

appliance is cadogan opti mist stove cgn20 filling the watertank and refitting the unit works but also a lot of water drips to the floor
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. In reading your question I'm not sure what you mean. Could you please go into more detail as to what the problem is? I understand the water leaking on the floor, however that could mean many different things. Thanks Gary

Gary :

I'm going to switch this to Q&A so it would give us more time to work together.

Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when the fire goes off which means the water tank needs filling . fill tank and replace, switch on.at that point thefire starts ..BUT then the water starts to drip though thelower tray givingthe appearance that the first sump is over filling or thefiller cap is faulty? removing the tank thefire still carrys on working ok. why does it overfill?

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

When was the last time you cleaned this unit? It's not that your tank is over filling (per say) but it leading me to believe that the rubber seals are 1] retaining water build-up (calcium) from not using filtered water or having hard water or has a build-up of dirt or 2] the rubber seals are worn out and needs to be replaced.

Please try this;
For general cleaning use a soft clean duster – never use abrasive cleaners. To remove any accumulation of dust or fluff the soft brush attachment of a vacuum cleaner should occasionally be used to clean the outlet grille of the fan stove.

Water tanks. Remove water tank, as described earlier, put into sink and empty water.

2. Using the supplied brush gently rub the inside surfaces of the cap paying particular attention to the rubber ring in the outer groove and the centre rubber seal.

3. Put a small quantity of washing up liquid into the tank, refit the cap and shake well, rinse out until all traces of washing up liquid are gone.

4. Refill with filtered tired tap water only, replace the cap, do not over tighten.

Sumps. Press Switch ‘A’ to the ‘OFF’ (0)position

2. Gently pull the drawer out as far as possible.

3. Remove the water tank by lifting upwards.

4. Disconnect the electrical connector, located on the left side of the sump, by first loosening the two retaining screws and gently withdrawing the connector.

5. Release the lower sump locking tabs by turning 90º, this allows the sump to be lifted completely from its location.
6. Gently lift up the sump assembly, taking care to keep level so as not to spill any water. Sit the assembly in the sink.

7. Release the two upper sump locking tabs by turning 90º, then lift off the sump lid.

8. Carefully tilt, as shown, so that the liquid drains out of the sump.

9. Put a small amount of washing up liquid into the sump, and using the supplied brush, gently clean all surfaces including the metal discs and the rubber seal located in the top grooved surface. Do not remove the rubber seals
10. When cleaned, thoroughly rinse the sump with clean water.

11. Clean the outlet surface of the sump lid with the brush and flush out thoroughly with water.

12. Reverse the above steps to reassemble

Please note: If you get any kind of residue (black) coming off the rubber seals, then the seals are bad. Look at them to make sure they are not cracked or damaged in any other way. Let me know how it went. If you have other question, please ask.

Gary