Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Hi there I have an Aquarius wf321 it washes fine but wont

Customer Question

Hi there I have an Aquarius wf321 it washes fine but won't do any sort of fast spin just turns at normal speed any ideas on what will sort this problem would be most apricated
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi, and thank you for using Just Answer. I'm going to switch this to Q&A, but before I do that, I want you to look at the following.

Gary :
Has the drain hose been installed correctly
Are the drain hose, standpipe or undersink connections blocked? -Note: If the drain hose is connected to an undersink ‘U’ trap -
Check that the sink trap blanking plug was removed before the drain hose was connected. This is the most common installation fault.
Is the drain hose kinked or squashed - Check the hose at the back of the machine.
Carry out the additional checks listed below...
There has been an unbalanced load in the drum and the machine could not spin - Try the machine again with a different wash load (
see ‘ Automatic Features’, Programmes and Option modifiers).
Has the ‘Rinse Hold’ option been selected? ‘Rinse Hold’ indicator light will flash.
- To complete the paused programme press either the Start/Cancel button or the Rinse Hold button.
Your machine is fitted with a filter system for the pump - This filter may have become blocked

Has the variable Spin Speed dial been set to ‘No Spin’?

Gary :

I understand some of this might sound redundant, but you be surprise on how many people over look the simpelest things.

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

Sorry I didn't put these things in original message as I thought they were obvious yes all all these have been checked

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

It drained ok just won't fast spin

Gary :

Ok, thanks ... now we can move on. can you please tell me more about this headache? When did it start? Was it sudden, or did it just decided to do it because you have nothing better to do today?

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

yesterday the washing seemed a bit to damp today proper wet

Gary :

Ok, thanks ... do you by chance see any fault codes on the panel board?

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

No all lights seem ok to me no sort of flashing

Gary :

Great! Well good news for you anyways ... The problem you are describing sounds like you have an obstruction in the drain hose. Now you might get a little wet, but what you need to do is remove the exterior hose off the machine and look for blockage. It would be in the pump, just prior or it would be right there when you that that part of the hose off. After a period of time, clothing particles mixed with dirt will build up and cause this. Please check this out and let me know

Gary :

Please don't forget to run something down the exterior drain hose as well

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

But the water is being pumped out I've even tried the trap at the bottom front

Gary :

Is the water coming out slower than normal? Or do you have a solid heavy stream?

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

Seems solid to me like the old twin tub sort of rate

Gary :

So when it discharges into the sink there is a noticeable splash

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

Yeh

Gary :

Thanks, please bear with me. I need a inute to look something up ... can you hang on?

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

Yeh

Gary :

Thank you for waiting. Ok, well so much for the easy part ... The next thing to look at is the belt. You'll have to remove the back to gain access. You'll need to look at the following 1] the belt retention and see if it's loose. 2] the belt it's self make sure it's not frail, cracked, or otherwise damage. 3] there are other guides as well on this machine. Wheels as it were, and you'll need to see all of those are moving freely.

Gary :

There are also sealed bearings as well. when you spin the drum, see if you can hear any noises. If the drum spins freely with the belt off, then those bearings are just fine

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

Yeh already done I'm mechanicly minded so checked all the basic stuff is it Lilly to be an electrical thing ?

Gary :

Well since you checked all of the mechanical stuff that is likely to go wrong, then you worked up to the control board. For some odd reason, the control board isn't reading the setting correctly.

JACUSTOMER-0p8x85w0- :

Ok thanks for your time 5+++++++ have a good day bud

Gary :

You too ... sorry for the bad news. I wish you the best

Gary :

If you have any other questions, feel free t come back and ask.