canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Liebherr 7082 300-02 upright freezer - the temperature is sitting

Customer Question

Liebherr 7082 300-02 upright freezer - the temperature is sitting at -9 and will not drop any lower even though we have put the super frost on. Has been like this all night.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is there any frost build-up on the back of the freezer, inside or out?

Customer:

hi Mike my name is XXXXX XXXXX there is a slight frosting on glass under drawers

canuck the pro :

Hi Trudie. Good to E-meet you.

canuck the pro :

If you remove the drawer, is there any water collecting on the bottom of the freezer?

Customer:

good to E-meet you to,just removed very bottom drawer no water collecting just feels cold

canuck the pro :

How about on the back, any ice there?

Customer:

light frosting on back behind top three drawers nothing behind bottom three drawers

Customer:

freezer just gone to -8 should be -18

canuck the pro :

The evaporator gets cold and freezes and the fan blows the cold air into the freezer. There is a small heater on the evaporator that will heat the evaporator to prevent ice from building up on it. Sometimes the ice gets a bit ahead of the small heater and the ice is not completely removed before the timer activates the next cycle. A good defrosting will take care of the issue, unfortunately you will have to remove everything then unplug it and leave the power off and door open for at least 24 hours to allow everything to defrost. Before starting it back up, after the 24 hours, wipe the inside of the freezer (especially around the vent and the small condensate outlet at the bottom under the bottom drawer) and wipe any dust off of the back coils.

Customer:

ok mike that's great thank you if however this does not work is there anyway to contact you as you will know what we have discussed and already tried

canuck the pro :

No problem with that at all. You can still comment here even after rating my service. I will always respond. Mike

canuck the pro :

I always leave the question open for just such a situation.

Customer:

so I just log on to justanswer.uk

canuck the pro :

Yes, just log onto your account and this question will be in your questions list (maybe the only one so far). Just open it and comment, ask me for further info or just leave me an update. I may not be online so my response may be delayed, but I will always respond.

Customer:

ok fingers crossed I won't need to once again thank you, XXXXX XXXXX defrosting and switched off

canuck the pro :

I am quite sure that is the issue. Make sure you unplug it also.

Customer:

ok

canuck the pro :

I will certainly be here when needed, Trudie. Thank you and have a great day (or evening it is 4:20 am here) Mike

Customer:

wow where are you and why are you still awake its 9.21am here

canuck the pro :

North Carolina, US. I am not usually up at this time. Just woke up early today.

Customer:

Oh brilliant - what a small world we live in. Enjoy the rest of your morning and sleep well.

canuck the pro :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX you have popcicles and ice in your drinks tomorrow night!

Customer:

t

Customer:

Thank you for your help and bye for now.

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike trudie here I spoke to you sat am about Liebherr 7082 300-02 freezer,we switched it off for 24hrs as you suggested then switched back on,on sunday it did not go back down to -18 until this morning even with super frost on but now is going back up again currently sat on -11 any suggestions ? hope the weather ok out in north Carolina.

Hi Trudie, sorry that didn't work out. If you find that the compressor in the back is getting really hot when it runs then the compressor may be the issue then. If there is any frost or if you look throughout the piping in the back and find any oily residue on any of it then the freon may be leaking out. The weather is always bad for me here. I am a Canadian in the U.S. and it is always so hot here! I have grown roots though so can't go back to the homeland any time soon. At least we get the visit often. Going to the homeland at the end of the month for two weeks. Can't wait!