Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

We have a creda Europa gas double oven, that is over 10 years

We have a creda Europa gas double oven, that is over 10 years old. The other night it tripped the electricity off in the middle of the night. It wasn't being used at the time, only the timer was on. My local gas engineer has told me to contact you.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Is this a cooker or built in oven?
Is this a dual fuel machine or is it all gas?
Can you post the model number of the appliance?
It should be on a label in the oven door recess.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a built in double oven.

Its all gas, except needs elect to operate it, has fan oven.

Model & serial nos are not readable - serial no looks like 09 2 - but the rest could be a four 0's, not sure. Then it has EC No. 87/AS/58. Elect 230-240v 100w

Gas cal I 2H 6 kw

CE 0086.

The creda cookery book says 2002

I think it was registered, as tear off section of guarantee is missing. Sorry I couldn't supply more information.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
No problem.

There's not going to be a lot of electrics inside it.

The main one would be the timer, this controls the power to the gas valves too.

Has the engineer been out to look at it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No-one has been out to look at it, our local gas engineer said to contact you. By the way, the smaller top oven is also a grill, I forgot to mention that.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
No problem.

Are you able to take the appliance out and take the panels off to check the wiring and the timer/board?

You may need to look for another engineer, doesn't look like he has good knowledge of appliances if he's turning down work.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Screw plate under top section which has the timer in, only seems to hold the metal plate on, it hasn't released the top section like I hoped it would. Can't lift out complete ovens myself, even if they would come out. I'm worried about the gas and electricity connections, as neither are switched off. If that's what I have got to do, then will I need a gas engineer or elect engineer to look at it?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You need a gas safe registered engineer to do this repair.
Even though it's electrical.

You would be turning the power to it off before working on it.

Sorry, to work on it, it has to come out and the top taken off to give access to the wiring and the rear of the timer.

Good luck finding an engineer.
Let me know if you need more help with this.

It may be worth trying British Gas to see if their fixed price repair offer covers your area and appliance.

If it does, it's £125 for the repair which includes all parts, or, if it cannot be repaired, there's no charge.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You're very welcome.

If you find you need more help on this or have further questions, just post them here.

Good luck with the repair, I hope it's economically viable.