Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

my mower wont start it beeps & shows blades engaged

my mower won't start it beeps & shows blades engaged
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. If you can please provide me with the name and model number of your mower it would be a great help. Also I'm going to switch this to Q&A so it would allow us more time to deal with your problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it's a viking ride on MT785

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for replying back. The problem with your mower is a safety switch/sensor. This could be as simple as a loose connection. You might want to check all of the connections making sure they are not wet, corroded, broken or loose. There is a safety switch connected for the blades ... they are common for going bad and causing this type of headache. This is something new per say and these too don't show the best for wear and tear. This switch allows a relay to engage your blades. Depending on how it is set up, you can sometimes jump the relay or disconnect them in order for the motor to start. Just remember that this was put in for safety purposes. How it works, is this sensor has to have an open circuit. If the circuit is closed then it'll get a reading telling the mower that the blade is engaged. This should be in the area where you would engage the blades and where I would start.

Please let me know how it goes, and if you need additional help please ask. I wish you the best.

Gary