Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Philps 7400series stem iron does not steam suspect elements

Customer Question

Philps 7400series stem iron does not steam suspect elements has blown up how do i open the chamber
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

I'm sorry you had to wait so long before you received an answer to your question. However, this iron is mostly a snap together and is not designed to be taken apart. In the ones I played with, majority of the snaps have broke during the separation process. However, on the bottom rear of the iron there are some small screws if there is any. Remove those screws and others around the metal base plate and the heater sits just inside. As for parts, I wouldn't know where to find any. Maybe Philips but since these are design to be thrown away and replace I couldn't tell you if they would send you out one or not. I do wish you the best. Gary