KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an AEG lavamat washing machine.. It is washing and draining

Customer Question

I have an AEG lavamat washing machine.. It is washing and draining but not rinsing.. what should i do??
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

Customer:

sorry! was waiting for a reply and just realized i had to click on answer! cant remember how old it is! one year seems like a month to me! time goes to fast!! have looked at machine and it says mod.. L64810 type (NNN) NNN-NNNN prod no 94524150/00 does this help??

Customer:

is anyone here?

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

any flashing lights ?

Customer:

nope

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, can you try to clean the pressure switch located inside the top of the washer

KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

part#12 in this image is the pressure switch

KevinWhiteJA :

there is a thin hose connected to this switch, please try to clean it and then give few taps on the pressure switch..after this try a cycle and let me know how it goes

Customer:

what do you mean????????????????

Customer:

oh hang on..... a diagram.let me look/

Customer:

how do i get to that??

KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to take the top off to gain access to this switch

Customer:

omg........... i cant do that now.. its too late.. its 1.30 in the morning...can i get back to you tomorrow??

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure no problem....If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

Customer:

will do...cant rate till tomorrow tho! cos i dont know whether its the right answer or not! what time will you be here tomorrow?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can leave a response and I will answer asap

Customer:

ok..........

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...Have a Good Night

Customer:

ok.......... goodnight!

KevinWhiteJA :

Customer:

ok. i have taken the top off and can see the pressure switch and see the thin tube.. but how do i get to the tube to clean it?? and how do i clean it?

KevinWhiteJA :

just remove the thin tube and blow through it to make sure it is not clogged

KevinWhiteJA :

and then with a back of screw driver give some slight taps on the pressure switch

Customer:

how do i remove it? it is attached underneath and i cant see how it comes out

KevinWhiteJA :

you dont have to remove the switch

KevinWhiteJA :

just gently pull out the tube to clean it

Customer:

it just pulls out?? ok ill try..

KevinWhiteJA :

ok let me know how it goes

Customer:

i cant see very well underneath the switch, but it wont pull out and seems to have some sort of wire round it holding it in

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, can you blow through that tube with a hair dryer ?

Customer:

how if i cant remove it?

Customer:

do you mean just using a hairdryer over the top of the pressure switch?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes correct

Customer:

ok....will try.. will get back to you when ive done that and tried a cycle.

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure thanks

Customer:

nope... no different! the drum is still full of suds! It seems that the water isnt draining out in between the wash and then refilling for the rinse. more water just comes in and the drum is still full of the suds. It doesnt drain until it goes onto the spin cycle.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, can you please pull it out and clean the drain pump assembly completely

Customer:

how do i do that?

Customer:

is that the flap at the front that has a pipe and a filter behind it? if it is i have just this minute done that.. the filter was a bit clogged with limescale but thats all.. and the pipe drained a bit of water out.. could this be what was wrong? should i run a cycle again?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, I thought you have already done that...if still the problem is there then you will have to pull the washer out and then remove the top off the unit and then check the drain pump assembly complete

Customer:

the top of the unit is still off! but i dont know what the drain pump assembly is!

KevinWhiteJA :

just try to run a small cycle and let me know if it works on rinse

Customer:

ok....... i have to go out now for an hour or so.. will do it when i get back and get baack to you.. thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure thanks

Customer:

well it looks like it might be ok now! Wish Id known the door at the bottom of the washer earlier. Maybe it was a combination of the two things! who knows! but thanks for your help, I wouldnt have had the confidence to try and do anything without someone being there incase it all went wrong! thanks again.

Customer:

aparrently i cant rate you till youve replied!

KevinWhiteJA :

Great...You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

Thank you and yes you can do all my washing for me if I want! lol!! no.nothing else thanks .. have a good evening

KevinWhiteJA :

:) You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

Customer:

help!!!! it wont let me rate you!! why not??? it just says your expert has not finished answering and i cant rate till after.. do you have to leave the conversation first??

KevinWhiteJA :

I think so...ok I will leave it...Thanks

Customer:

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! it STILL wont let me do it!! this is worse than fixing the washing machine! dont want to leave before ive rated you! what do i do now!!!!!!

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Please check if you are able to leave the feedback now...Thank You
Thank You :)