Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Why is my upright freezer not keeping its temperature in the

Why is my upright freezer not keeping its temperature in the garage. it has been in the garage 4 years and just recently the temperature has started dropping. I have to put it on fast freeze to bring it up again.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the make and model number of the appliance please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry, no the freezer is at my daughters house, I know it was bought in 2002, has always been in my garage and this spring we took it to her house. It was fine for at least 2 months and now the temeperature keeps falling

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, Without a make or model it's only possible to give general advice on this.

What you describe is classic signs of a failed thermostat.
It works on fast freeze because this bypasses the thermostat and switches the compressor on.

When fast freeze is off, the thermostat doesn't switch the compressor on as the inside warms up, so it defrosts.

A new thermostat will need to be fitted to cure the problem.

Hope this helps