KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Our de dietrich gas hob

Our de dietrich gas hob (DTG720X - G767DD404 - 09-04-01379) has developed a fault that has shut it down. The error message (which flashes in the top left hand burner 'touch' control) is F2 - 46 - 16 - ER in that sequence. To date we have had no real support. The de dietrich sub-contract technician who visited was unable to diagnose the problem and we were subsequently advise that as the "spare part" needed cost £ 400 it was not worth mending. As we are now + one month cooking on the camping stove grateful for any advice to moove this forward. ***** ***** XXXXXXX

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

F2-46-16-ER means Error has been detected - rear left heating zone

JACUSTOMER-3rya7qim- :

The hob was purchased frpom ***** ***** 2 1/2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

are you looking to fix this yourself ?

JACUSTOMER-3rya7qim- :

No - the issue is the poor service we recieved & the need to understand / validate the spare part estimated cost. Were I to be in a position to know the necessary replacement item identification then I could consider getting a local technician to do the job.

KevinWhiteJA :

It is very strange that the technician was unable to diagnose and still advised you about £ 400...according to the error displayed the repair/replacement should not cost more than £100

KevinWhiteJA :

you can contact www.repaircare.co.uk to get estimated cost of repair/replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks