Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

My Bosch Avantixx washer dryer was purchased in November 2011

Customer Question

My Bosch Avantixx washer dryer was purchased in November 2011 and was under manufacturer guarantee for two years. Once during that time the Bosch engineer came out and unblocked a tube inside the machine that had got bunged up with moulted cat fluff which prevented the clothes from drying and after that dryer worked fine. Now I am on extended warranty with Dixons/Curry etc, and the same problem has happened again. They have sent out an engineer twice already and it still doesn't dry clothes. What is stopping the dryer from drying (the wash is fine) and what needs to be done to get it working again?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. May I please have the the model number of this unit ...

Gary :

Also is this a gas or electric dryer

Gary :

I'm going to switch this to Q&A so it would give us more time to work with your problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not know what model this is, but the ENr number is WVD24460GB/04 and the FD No is 9108. On the front it just says Bosch Wash + Dry Avantixx.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply ... can you tell me if it's heat up at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's on at the moment so door won't open. The front glass panel feels warm. An old invoice for repairs when it was still under manufacturer's guarantee said 'ncondensor box stub clogged with fluff'.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thanks for the information ... can you tell me what the "other" service man had done to your machine prior to coming here? Reason for asking is so I don't redo what they had already done
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Gary

I have to go out now. It does not help that your replies keep coming into my junk email, where I do not look and have to transfer them into my inbox to reply.

Can we do this over the phone tomorrow?

Best

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi Nicola,

Tomorrow will be fine, or whenever it works best for you. I understand your frustration about junk mail, but how this site works is beyond my ability and control. As for the phone call, I will have to look into it simply because I don't know what policy is. I will let you know.

Thanks for your patients