Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Please can i have any ideas about emptying this washer dryer,

Please can i have any ideas about emptying this washer dryer, Whirlpool washer dryer 1200 electronic AWG 345/4. I have got an error code 02 and it will not drain the water away.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

Do you hear any noise coming from your machine?

Customer:

yes a murmuring sound

Gary :

Is this a "new" sound?

Customer:

its the sound it makes when its just about to change cycle, but the sound is prolonged

Gary :

Is this a DUet machine?

Customer:

do you mean washer dryer, yes it is but there is no more coding on the machine than i have given

Gary :

I understand ... I just wanted to make sure I'm giving you the correct information ... Your code indecates that the pump on your machine is plugged. This is an easy fix if you are handy

Customer:

the machine is full of water and a load of washing, am not that handy, but i will have a go

Gary :

Ok, if you like I can give you instructions in how to clean it out ..

Customer:

thanks that would be great, because if i press the front door its leaking water

Gary :

I understand ... In order for you or a friend to gain acess to this, you will have to empty the machine of wash and water to the best of your ability.

Gary :

And I'm sorry about the mess.

Customer:

ok, so a couple of buckets and the sink bowl i guess when opening the door?

Gary :

Well, the door should be locked ... so we'll go about it another way

Customer:

ok

Gary :

Tilt the machine back to about a 45 degree angle ... on the bottom of the panel there are three or four screws. Remove those screws and the panel will slide down and off. With that panel removed you will see the machine's pump clean out. Turn the filter head counter clockwise ... here you can put a bucket underneath to catch the water ... please do not remove the entire filter all the way until the water draining from it has stopped. Otherwise you will have water all over ... Once the water has stopped, finish removing the filter and pull it out ... Clean out that filter and put it back in ... Install the panel, 3/4 screw and carefully set the machine down ... you can run a quick cycle to make sure it is back up and running and the code has cleared

Gary :

If the code does not clear, then you will be looking at replacing the pump. Since you will have the filter off, make sure that the drain hose isn't plugged as well because it will give you the same code.

Customer:

ok when should i start, doing this on my own, i will rest it against the wall and try to remove the panel, the front door is well past half way full when should i try this now?

Gary :

Well, that is up to you ... is the machine running now or have you stopped it?

Customer:

i have switch it to no cycle but its plugged in

Gary :

Ok, unplug the machine ... with that much water and laundry in it, it's going to be heavy so maybe you would want someone to come and help you tilt this machine back so you don't hurt yourself.

Customer:

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX machine be ok for a day or two until i get reinforcements?

Gary :

Yes it will ...

Gary :

You sould be able to print this conversation off, or cut and paste so you can have the instructions right there as you do it

Gary :

If you have any other questions, please ask ...

Customer:

nice one, thanks Gary, i hope it goes well. Is that everything then?

Gary :

Yes it is, and if you don't mind, please rate my service so other people and my boss knows I'm really doing my job. Thanks and I wish you the best

Customer:

ok mate i understand.....

Gary :

:-) have a great day

Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances