Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Bosch WTY86790 Tumble Dryer displays message. Remove washing

Customer Question

Bosch WTY86790 Tumble Dryer displays message. Remove washing Switch off appliance.
There is a symbol that due to the limited graphics looks more like a cup on its side or could be seen as the end of a pipe.

I suppose we could literally turn it off and on and not worry about it? But seems strange that it would want the appliance turned off.

But the message does not appear on every run. All filters and water containers seem fine.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using just answer ..

Gary :

I'm not having any luck in finding what you say you see. Is there a code that comes up? As for your machine, this is a top end so it pretty much takes care of it's self. I would like for you to try and unplug your machine, wait for 10 minutes and plug it in again. Run your machine like you normally would do and let me know what happens.

Gary :

I'll be waiting

JACUSTOMER-278ajeu6- :

Yes, we have done that. The message would not appear all the time.

JACUSTOMER-278ajeu6- :

Its been a few weeks since the message came back again which was a surprise.

JACUSTOMER-278ajeu6- :

Every session gets a filter clean and water empty so 'should' not be related to any warning about these. But there is no error code. Maybe it is literally telling us that the job is finished. But does not tell us every time, hence the confusion.

Gary :

Hi ... I'm going to switch this to Q&A so we can have more time to work on your problem. Please let me do some digging and I'll get back to you. Thanks