Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

hi! i have a hoover dynamic 3d dischwasher. it was full of

Customer Question

hi!
i have a hoover dynamic 3d dischwasher.
it was full of water at the bottom. as instructed by a friend, i emptied all the water, cleaned the filter, put some dishwasher cleaner at the bottom of the dishwasher, and ran a normal program with nothing inside.
After about 20 min, it started beeping, there is an E3 message appearing, and the light next to a sun sign is on (i suspect this means i need to add salt but there seems to be plenty of salt already.)
any idea what i should do?
i stopped the machine when it started beeping. there is still plenty of water at the bottom, and i had to switch it off to stop the beeping.
thanks a lot for your help!
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

Per your error code, E3 means that the water heater has timed out, or has faulted. (meaning burnt out) Your dishwasher has failed to heat the water in a reasonable amount of time set my the factory. Or, the element hasn't detected any water. (meaning there isn't enough water for the element/sensor to detect) Three things you can check for 1] Allow the machine to fill with water and see if it covers the heating element. 2] check the water heating element. (you can also use an OHM meter and see if it reads ... doesn't read, bad element) 3] check the wires to the main control board. Take a look at all of this, and let me know. If you need additional help please ask. I wish you the best.

JACUSTOMER-ann9m6zp- :

hi

JACUSTOMER-ann9m6zp- :

for 1 and 2, how do i find the heating element?

JACUSTOMER-ann9m6zp- :

there is plenty of water at the bottom of the dishwasher by the way

JACUSTOMER-ann9m6zp- :

on 3, not sure what the main control board is.

JACUSTOMER-ann9m6zp- :

the dishwasher is fitted so i dont have as much flexibility as i may need

JACUSTOMER-ann9m6zp- :

btw, in the manual, it says that error 3 is that the evacuation of the water doesn't work (which is consistent with the fact that the water fills in). the manual doesn't say anything about a heating element.

JACUSTOMER-ann9m6zp- :

they recommend i wash the filter which i have done but it doesn't seem to make a difference

JACUSTOMER-ann9m6zp- :

hi

3:11 AM

3:12 AM

3:12 AM

3:13 AM

3:14 AM

3:15 AM

Gary :

HI, When it comes to your machine, we have to start with the basics. Thus the things I asked you to look at. Your manual that you have for your machine does not cover everything, just the bare basics and sometimes not even that. Since you really didn't give me a chance to work with you to find out what was wrong, and have already rated me, I'm going to let someone else have this. I wish you the best.

JACUSTOMER-ann9m6zp- :

i m sorry, i ve never used this site before. i replied, but given that i didn't hear back, i thought maybe i had to give a rating for you to see my answer, and that i could update the rating once the problem was fixed. is that not possible? if not, i m sorry.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the model number of your machine please?
Once I know this I'll be able to look at the service manual for your appliance.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the model is hsli500 gt. i found these instrx online:

http://service.hoover.co.uk/content/manuals/HLSI500.pdf

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

I've got the service manual for the machine, the user manual doesn't give as much detail.

When you start a new program, do you hear a hum from the bottom of the machine?

Check the drain hose where it connects to the house drains (if it's into a stand pipe it won't be blocked).
Take the hose off of the connection to the house drains and check both for a blockage.

Oh, by the way, E3 is in the user and service manual and both state it's a draining failure.

Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when i start a programme, i do hear a hum as the machine starts to work. then it stops with a beep and the E3 error message. and the water at the bottom is cold rather than hot.

the dishwasher is fitted with the rest of the kitchen. not sure how to find the drain. do i need to take it out altogether (which i dont know how to do. maybe i can ask a friend for help) or is it sthg i can see from just opening the dishwasher?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Forget the heat part.
The problem is your machine is not draining.

Look under the sink, see if the drain hose is attached there.
Normally it would be onto a spigot just below the sink.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can't find it but to be honest i m not sure exactly what i am looking for.

if you are on whatzup or on email, maybe i can send you pictures of what is below the sink.

by the way, the washing machine is on an island in the middle of the kitchen and the sink is against the wall, so if the 2 are linked, the linkage happens under the floor. easier to explain with pictures if you send me an email address or a nber connected to whatzup

thanks!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, if you don't see the grey corrugated hose under the sink, it's not there.

You have a blockage preventing the dishwasher from draining.
Either something in the pump or a blocked drain hose/connection.

If it's the hose, you need to locate it and check it.
If it's the pump, the machine has to come out and be taken apart to check/clean the pump.

There is no link between the 2 hoses, forget that situation, it doesn't exist either.

You need to check the hose, drain and pump.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i m not sure how to locate the hose but a handyman is coming this week end, i ll ask him to take the dishwasher out so i can identify the parts you mention. let me come back to you then.

thanks!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
No problem, just post when you can

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

my handyman came and told me the pump was broken and i should just buy a new machine.

honestly, even if you couldn't do anything better, you havent really added anything to what i had online on the docs of the machine, so i m not really keen on paying GBP20 for that. i dont want to put you a poor rating to not pay, but not willing to pay either as really this didn't help me at all.

any suggestion on how i can not pay while not hurting your score?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
sorry, no one forces you to pay or to rate.
You are the one that chooses.

I can only advise on the cause of the fault.
You couldn't do the work but subsequently had a handyman tell you the pump is broken (I don't actually think it is, as your description of the fault suggests it's jammed) and for the sake of replacing a pump you should buy a new appliance.

I hope you refused to pay your handyman for that advice too.

I'll opt out of your question now.
You can take the correct information I provided
You don't have to rate if you don't want to, you simply take your deposit